Image Map

Monday 12 March 2012

Touch of Silver

As you can see from my photos I am BLONDE
I am naturally blonde but if I didn't get highlights I would probably be a very dirty blonde
and I hate nothing more than mousey hair!

I get my hair coloured every 6 weeks or so,
I get foil highlights, usually only half a head
and I don't get the colour taken right down to the tips
which is why, miraculously, my hair is in fairly good condition
considering I have been bleaching it for so long

I went through a stage where I had a problem
I'm going to call it BLONDAREXIA
no matter how light my hair was
It wasn't light enough.

So I started using 
Touch of Silver Shampoo
*This is the old style packaging*

This is a purple toned shampoo
The good thing about this product is that it actually lathers purple, 
Some of the other brands don't so watch out for this!

How it works:
Sometimes when you have your hair bleached, you notice a brassy yellow tone in your hair
some people like a bit of warmth in their hair.
I am not one of those people
I like very cool blonde tones with hardly any warmth
so to eradicate the yellow tones a purple shampoo is brilliant
purple is the opposite of yellow on the colour spectrum 
and really helps to neutralise yellow tones in the hair

There are lots of different products like these on the market
but Touch of Silver is my preference and I have used it for YEARS 
They have also brought out a whole range, including a dry shampoo
*new packaging*


This really is a great product and lovers of the platinum look should purchase the Twice weekly brightening shampoo!

HOWEVER...
I really must warn you
ONLY USE THIS PRODUCT TWICE A WEEK AT THE MOST!

Before the packaging for this product changed it wasn't called Twice Weekly Brightening Shampoo
it was merely called Silver Reflex Shampoo
and I didn't realise that you shouldn't use the product EVERY time you wash your hair.
I used this shampoo along with my regular shampoo, every time I washed my hair for MONTHS

This was the result

A very strange Grey/Silver hue which did me absolutely no favours!
but because of my BLONDAREXIA I was still under the illusion that my hair wasn't light enough!
Until I seen these pictures and had a wake up call!

Please don't let this put you off buying the product!
It is a great product for brightening your hair between colours 
and I would recommend it, I still use it!
Just make sure you use it properly! LOL

Jen <3 x

4 comments:

  1. I swear by this shampoo! It actually works and is so cheap. I worked abroad last year and had my hair dyed there and they dyed it ginger by accident, my actual nightmare, so I bought a box dye went over it myself, then left that shampoo on for like 3/4 of an hour and it actually lifted the ginger so much! although it did turn my blonde bits purpley haha

    misskirstymarie.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been wanting to try this for sooo long i might have to grab a bottle - had no idea they do a dry shampoo!
    Ive been using the Lee Stafford purple shampoo :) really loving that at the moment but sometimes i want something a bit stronger so may give this a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog, followed :) check out mine http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for teaching us the lesson you've learned with Touch of Silver:-)))

    ReplyDelete